Wednesday 28 January 2015

OMO IYA ALA-AMALA ( for Kemi Islamiya Bakare KEMISTREE by Osigwe Benjamin )

Eriata Oribhabor "Food poetry contest award presentation" on the 27th of January 2015 made me write this poem, after listening to food poems.
Don't forget, I was not inspired, the poem is always there, you only need to search for them.
OMO IYA ALA-AMALA
( for Kemi Islamiya Bakare KEMISTREE )

Kemi Islamiat Bakare
I almost asked her yesterday
If mummy prepares her delicacies
With some special "cury-cury"
"Especially the AMALA"
Cause its so nice
That people might bite off their fingers
And their consciousness
Will not hit their thought
For any to know

That their fingers are off their hands
But since, I have not seen anyone cry
Of their finger being off their hand
So I let the question lye
Then I figured it out in my head
To know that
Poetry must have been at work
During the process of stirring the AMALA
Ati Ewedu soup.

Osigwe Benjamin

27/01/2015

HAPPY BIRTHDAY
to poet
Kemi Islamiya Bakare
(KEMISTREE)

Let's do a one day online poetry writing to celebrate her on Facebook, that's mine.

1 comment: