Tuesday 3 November 2015

EZEAGU by Uche Uwadinachi

EZEAGU

Lioness of lions,
Hunter of wandering prey!
Your den is my evening-inn.
Blood warms your walls
As rocks cools your toes.
Maiden,
In cat-skin,
Your sharp claws
Tear the rules of love.
I am torn
By your passionate edges,
By hearing
Your maddening roars
In nurturing melodies.

Twenty-days of hunting
Lurk in your
Momentary caress.

Shall I succumb,
Let your tail
Be my morning-towel?
Should I mop cold saliva
From night’s feverish calls?

If I take your
Embracing coat,
Will I forget my famished bowel
(Purring like Daniel’s cell)?

In the wilderness of the jungle,
Life seems hollow
Without your wildness.

I bring
My polished nails
And hardening jaw
To wear the crown of
The Lion of Lions
In the name
Of
Your love!
 
 


©Uche Uwadinachi

Excerpt from my poetry collection
"Love to a Flowerbird ".

No comments:

Post a Comment