Friday 5 June 2015

Here is a jointly written poem by poets of Creative Writters Association Of Nigeria CWAN Kogi State Chapter in response to Afri-no-phobia.



In other of stanzas here are the poets that wrote the poem.

Akor Emmanuel

micheal fozari


vasily mikhailovich dostoevski


ogunsanya enitan olalekan


chinyere uzoma divine


micheal larry


el sane ken silencer

...............................................................................................................................................................

You beat me up in the
street,
like drumsticks to my skin  you beat.
My offence is that i live on
yourland.
As punishment to all you give
xenophobic attack.

Wriggling me hither,wrigglin
me thiter,
more tortures to my
skin.
Like rainfall on a cocks
back.
You pay deaf ears to my
pleas.
As modern slaves of much
labour,
savouring pain, and its
flavour
with hearts not filled with
pleasure.
I work with much
glamour.

So unjustly you treat
me.
Remember you are my
blood,
wounded in skin by Gods
spoken word.
But you are haughty
towards me,
killing me slowely.

I am being roasted like
corns
while you stood at the scene
snapping
instead of you to leave me
alone
and seed me to my
fatherland.
Why this xenophobic
assault?

How long shall this
be?
A brothers blood to quench
thirist.
The moon bleeds with babies
cries,
the earth gone wet from soaking
blood.
Abomination.

Sit on my carcases lap and
whistle,
Sing me your ghostly
mourn.
Praise the machete that kissed
my neck,
and made you parasite to  deaths bony skin.

Cains blood runs in your
veins,
but be at peace for i have
seen moses.

For good i came
now,whats ugly and painful than cane?
A stranger can no longer
like and breath,
and running for my dear
life,
where to hide from
death.

The lion is brutal,
whats my fault
to answer a call?
Could i have denied
nature?
And fail my love to my
destiny
and never gone for this
quest.
For greather good to my
loved mothers land
brotherland?

No comments:

Post a Comment