Monday 29 June 2015

How Can I Go On? By Margaret Sammy;

HOW CAN I GO ON?

How can I go on,

When the world is chasing me

A race I might never win,

My legs fail me.

***

I need help,

Not encouragement

Why won’t they listen to me?

I can’t run anymore,

I am just a girl,

Tomorrow’s woman I’m out of breath.

***

Can’t you hear me?

I might be trapped in a box,

With my talent strapped in my pouch

I plead for a moment to be heard,

To be seen,

Please don’t say no

***

If I do my part,

What about yours?

I am human, Not a machine,

Listen to me,

I beg to be heard







 Margaret Sammy is 10 years old and a sixth grade pupil of Vine International School, Port-Harcourt in Nigeria and a girls’ rights writer.

1 comment:

  1. Outstanding dear Maggie,the sky is your springboard. Your future in poetry (and other endeavours) will be brighter than a sunny day. Welcome dear, the world awaits the manifestation of your greatness.

    ReplyDelete