Tuesday 16 February 2016

LOVE IN A MORIBUND WORLD (VALENTINE LOVE POEMS) - DAY 4 - Features Salaudeen, Habeeb Adebayo & Tendai Rinos Mwanaka

QUEST

I    I am a caged canary
The urge to sing itches me
Here I am with no rhyme
Oh! Set me free to sing of love


L    I am the legged Cattle-egret
The zeal to dance overwhelms me
But no music to start the show
Free the canary! I need some lyrics

O    I am like a hungry lion
My stomach aches in pain
To devour, I have no prey
Oh come in earnest dear victim

V    I am the lonely love bird
Affectionately filled with passion
I feel of love in solitude
Oh! Come take me chosen one

E    I am the ardent lover
In my heart, your love swims
To hide it, I could not try
In tears, your love flows


U    I am like a trained soldier
In this case, no going back
Headlong I have fallen in love
Even though you’ve got no clue.

© SALAUDEEN HABEEB ADEBAYO  (17/06/2015)



Salaudeen, Habeeb Adebayo is a young man, a poet, playwright and a Critic with great zeal for scholarship. He hold Diploma in Mass Communication, National Certificate in Education in English and Theatre arts. A graduate of Theatre and Performing arts, from the prestigious Ahmadu Bello University (ABU), Zaria. He is currently a postgraduate student of Development Communication, department of Theatre and Performing arts, ABU Zaria.




KISSING



Constructing a meeting with her
She weaves an appearance
Allowing the impossibility to enter
South winds of desire rising
Ready to snuggle in cotton candy dreams


She kisses you: brown lips
Dark honey, the sweet lips
Dripped in spit like a newborn thing
Her tongue pushing in, bequeathing
Assaulting each other with love
Your heart is caught on her lips


Your cold, ideal slowly melting
Under her hot particulars
While the moon-red, soft
Inevitable, sizzles around you
It is a full moon rolling down
The stairs, like a heavenly
Body, gliding, crashing onto
The earth, the light, the weight
Of its heat pressing layers
Of your flesh down.


A deeply planted splendour
Burns beneath your breast
You are a teenager bursting
Into his surprising body,
Headlong and you, alive to the light
Telling you of steps to be taken


When the kissing consumes you
You face each other
With vengeance, ripped
Each other’s clothes, rolled
Around in the dirty
And make love like animals


So she is born, and you watch
Born of men, born in need
In lust that is in love
You are her world, she is yours
You have a partner for anything
Competition, copulation
Cooperation, conversation?




Tendai Rinos Mwanaka is a multi-disciplinary artist who lives in Chitungwiza, Zimbabwe. Contracted books coming out in 2015 include, Zimbabwe: The Urgency of Now (creative nonfiction), Finding a Way Home (stories novel), Revolution (poems), Democracy, Good Governance, and Development in Africa (scholarly essays, co-editor), Best New African Poets 2015 Anthology(poetry, co-editor). Other books published, Keys in the River (stories novel), Voices from Exile (poetry), Zimbabwe: The Blame Game (creative nonfiction). He is currently editing Experimental Writing: Volume 1, Africa Vs. Latin America with Mexican writer Ricardo Rodriguez. He is also a visual artist (photography, painting, drawing, collage, video.), sound/musical artist, mentor, translator, scholar, theorist, reviewer, editor, critic... Work has been published in over 300 journals in over 27 countries, translated into French, Germany and Spanish. 

2 comments:

  1. Thnaks to Thepoetrycourt... progress..... the poem can be read bottom up as in the last line to the first line....

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you for featuring my poem in your wonderful blog

    ReplyDelete