Friday 19 February 2016

LOVE IN A MORIBUND WORLD (VALENTINE LOVE POEMS) DAY 7 Features Akinbode Oluwatobi Israel & Sneha Susan Shibu

SONGS OF SOLOMON II.



Let me hold your tiny hands
Like a driver and his gears
Increasing our acceleration,
Driving me to ecstasy.


I will travel over your land,
With my shinning shoes and its lace,
I will walk over them,
Leaving my footprints, beautifully seated.


Teach me the lyrics in songs of Solomon,
Split the verses with your curves,
That I may be born again,
Chasing only your shadow.


On your mountains I will see the world,
I will see the dusty roof of others
And be full of praise
Of how you are.


Let no clothes separate us
When we hug in the presence of candles,
The moon watches our door,
Let no cloth clot our oozing flow.

Akinbode Oluwatobi Israel, is a growing poet, singer and teacher of God’s word. A graduate of chemistry from the University of Ilorin, Ilorin, Kwara state, Nigeria. He hails from Ipokia local government, in Ogun state, Nigeria. He loves to write in simplicity to influence this complex world of ours. 




 SECOND CHANCE


As I lie awake staring at the moon
I see your face in every twinkling star,
I smell your smell as the wind blows by,
I feel your warm breath on my neck,
Fantasies of a lost mind, I hear you say.

I think of your hand in mine,
Mine alone to clasp and hold dear.
I remember your tears,
When I failed to bare my heart.

Don’t fear! I hear you say.
My only fear was the fear of losing you,
And cruel time did it for me.

You went away without a goodbye,
Leaving me in heartaches and woes.
Move on! I hear you say.

If ever life does me a good turn,
I would resurrect you, my love,
And say all that were once unsaid,
And feel the pangs of a mad lover.

Come closer! I hear you say.


If from your realm, you could hear my song,
Clasp this dying lover’s hand,
And take me to where eternity wanes.

I will be yours and you will be mine.

Emptiness around me shatters in your merry laughter.
They will come for me in the morning
And say, ‘He died in sleep,
Peaceful and without a struggle’.

And would wonder about the smile on my face.
But my love, you know, you know!


Sneha Susan Shibu is an Indian residing in Uganda. She is trained as a teacher, she writes stories and poems for both children and adults.  Her short story Roses For Betty was longlisted for Writivism 2015 prize and  have won the first prize for a children's story competition held in India in 2013 for her story Dotty And The Albino Dragon. Her works have been published in different anthologies. She loves nature and have an interest in photography.

1 comment: