Thursday 18 February 2016

LOVE IN A MORIBUND WORLD (VALENTINE LOVE POEMS) - DAY6 - Features Ojo Taiye & Wale Ayinla

 
ANOTHER FOURTEENTH


I

Just like yesterday
under papa’s udala tree
I consummated my love for you

Adeeza
the diamond jewelry on your ring finger
a seal of my servility
in the presence of our sun, moon and stars
to this art called: marriage

Adeeza
the oracle of my heart
the sweet smelling flowers of an orchid

II

Adeeza
the rind of a lemon amidst colorful origami
the song of the male nightingale
the sliver of light that silvers the sheik palace

Adeeza
the bevy bosom of the east
the protruded gullet of the west
the daughter of purdah in the north

III

Adeeza
my guardian seraph




Ojo Taiye is a twenty- three-year-old microbiology graduate from Nigeria. He loves books. Taiye, has some of his muddled thoughts published in a few e-magazine. He is currently rounding up his 1 year voluntary youth service in Nigeria.





MI RE ME


i
From the bonded chords of my heart
I loose these words that ache..
I have sifted these lines
From the emotions that nails
My heart and cause it to tear.

ii
Abeke,
I once sang you a song
Sung by the greatest psalmist of all time...
But you chose not to sleep
On the lyrics that was clustered
With conducive bed of honeyed words.

iii
Abeke,
Will a chameleon choose not to change its skin
Because of the changes in climate?
Will the rain choose not to fall
Because of the scorching of the sun?
Will you because of this moribund world
Choose not to love?

iv
Abeke,
I have come on bended knees
With a harp and a band...
I have come to sing you what you love...
I have come with the snake to hiss the Mi,
With the frog to leap the Re,
And with the last one which is Me.




Wale Ayinla is a young and promising poet whose works have featured on several blogs and journals. He is known for his equivocal command of the English language and he has, since he chose this path, not disappointed in his field.

2 comments:

  1. Both poets are good; Wale Ayinla however killed it lovely of the poetry.
    Kudos to them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for such a great post and the review, I am totally impressed! Keep stuff like this coming. افضل محامي بالرياض

    ReplyDelete